Weight loss can be many things—scary, trying, rewarding, but more than anything, it can be frustrating. We all tend to do the same thing when trying to lose weight, we watch the scale and get discouraged by the results but that has to stop today! Don’t let the scale control you!
Weight doesn’t look the same on different people. Three different women of the same weight and height could look significantly different. Body fat, body shape, activity level and bone structure all play a role in how someone looks.
It is not uncommon for someone to actually gain weight when they start a new fitness program or shift from one diet to another. Instead of being dependent on the scale, try some of the following tips.
- Keep a food journal
- Exercise at least three times a week
- Eat clean by avoiding junk food. Not all ‘health’ foods are actually healthy for you
- Drink water: drinking water 15 minutes before you eat can help assist you in weight loss. Drinking water flushes toxins from your body. You should drink water at room temp because cold water can have a constricting effect on your digestive tract.
- Use a measuring tape to measure the inches you are losing. This is a much more effective method of measuring how much weight you have lost than stepping on the scale.
- Sleep—it’s important to be getting the proper amount of sleep. Sleep helps your muscles repair and improves your body’s ability to efficiently burn, not store, unneeded calories.
Here at Valeo we offer an alternative to dieting. It’s called the Ideal Protein Method. To learn more about how the Ideal Protein Method can help visit: http://www.valeoweightloss.com
Your weight loss journey can be tough to do on your own. We offer workshops every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month where we sample Ideal Protein products and have an open house. We also offer a Weight Loss Support Group- please follow us on Facebook to see when our next support group will be offered.
Remember, it’s not about being skinny, it’s about you and feeling healthier. We are always here to help you reach your goals!