She’s down 30lbs since the beginning of January.
Here are 3 things I’ve learned about myself on this Weight Loss Journey:
1) I’m an emotional eater. Whether I am happy, sad, excited, angry, etc. I would gravitate towards food. It was there to comfort me and to celebrate with me. Once I realized why I wanted the food to comfort me then I figured out different ways to help me substitute other healthier alternatives.
2) I’m an Evening Snacker. I love being a Mom! I also love having my “Me Time” too after my kiddos would go to bed. I found myself wanting a snack or a “special treat” after I would put them to bed. ‘I’ve had a long day’, I would tell myself and then I’d find a snack and read, or find a snack and watch tv, or find a snack and work. Bottom line is that I started looking forward to my snack time after my kids went to bed. Now that I’ve quit snacking so late I don’t even find that I miss it because I still have my mediation/me time with a cup of tea/hydrate/sparkling water.
3) I don’t have to feel guilty when I tell people No Thank You. We’ve all been there, someone brings in a sweet treat. Or a friend invites you out to lunch/dinner and you want to go but you don’t think you’ll stick to your program if you do go. Then you feel guilty when you don’t accept or you feel guilty when you go and then you don’t stick to your plan. So it’s ok to say “No, Thank You” to that item that your co-workers or customer brought in for all to enjoy.
Someone once told me that when you tell someone NO, you are telling yourself YES. For Example: if someone asked if I wanted a dessert I would say No Thank You and to me that meant :
- Yes, I’m sticking to my program
- Yes, I’ve got goals
- Yes, I want to overcome these challenges
- Yes, I want to get into that next dress size down
And so on
With Summer here, I, your Weight Loss Coach want to help you reach your Summer Goals!
Click here to Reserve a FREE 30 Minute Phone Consultation!
Yours in good health,
Jennifer Phillips – Weight Loss Coach
Valeo Wellness, 713-384-2294