For more information, click on the name of the area where you are experiencing pain. Head/Neck Jaw Back Shoulder Elbow Hand/Wrist Hip/Thigh Hip/Knee Shin/Calf Ankle/Foot * PLEASE NOTE: … More
- This event has passed.
Rock Tape FMT Basic and Performance
September 11, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC-5
Until now, choices were limited if you wanted to learn how to use kinesiology tape. You had to read a book or attend an expensive class that locked you into one way of applying tape. Not anymore. Functional Movement Techniques (FMT) is a 2-part kinesiology taping certification led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy. FMT is based on the obvious yet largely overlooked concept of muscles acting as a chain. Say good-bye to agonizing over muscular origins and insertions and memorizing directions of tape. Say hello to a practical framework of ‘taping movement, not muscles’.
FMT Basic addresses theories and applications for pain, posture, edema, scars and neurological symptoms.
FMT Performance builds on FMT Basic concepts, with an emphasis on myofascial pathways, movement therapy and performance enhancement.
This course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with taping. All supplies needed for the course are provided.
This course is intended for healthcare professionals, therapists and trainers. CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, LMTs and personal trainers – depending on location and class type. FMT Certified professionals receive an additional 10% discount on purchases after taking a class.
- Ed LeCara DC, PhD, ATC, CSCA
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- DC- TX FMT Basic 8CEUS, FL FMT Performance 8CEUS- Continuing education credit (CE) is provided by National University of Health Sciences
- PT- TX TPTA FMT Basic (61105TX) and FMT Performance (61085TX) has been approved by the TPTA for 8 CCUs for PTs and PTAs
- PT – FMT Basic 8 CEUs, FMT Performance 8 CEUs – Approved in AZ, DE, GA, IL, KS, KY, MO, MS, NC, TN, VA, VT, WI by virtue of California PTA Approval #15-434 (FMT Basic),#15-435 (FMT Performance)
- PT – FMT Basic 8 CEUs, FMT Performance 8 CEUs – Course meets continuing education requirements for CO, CT, HI, IA, MA, ME, NE, NH, ND, OR, SC, SD, WY PT Board.
- LMT – Rocktape is approved (#179) by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider
- NASM Provider #922, ACE Course NumberFMT Basic: CEP92243 CECs: 0.8 FMT Performance:CEP92257 CECs 0.8
- AT-Rocktape (BOC Approved provider # P8570) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of (8 hours/CEUs Category A FMT Basic, 8 hours/CEUs FMT Performance Category A, or 16 hours/CEUs FMT Basic/Performance Category A). ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.